1 Large onion (chopped)
4 Celery stalks (sliced thin)
1 cup baby carrots (sliced)
1 potato (cut in 1/4 pieces)
1 48oz cans low sodium chicken broth
12 oz of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 Cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1 TB olive oil
1 TB fat free sour cream
2 TB skim milk
- Spray large pot with cooking stray and saute vegetables.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for about 1 hour
- Meanwhile... prepare dumplings. In medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. In a different bowl, blend together eggbeaters, oil, and sour cream. Then mix dry and wet ingredients together, add milk until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes. If needed add more milk.
- Add chicken pieces to simmering broth until just cooked, lower temperature so soup is simmering but not boiling.
- Add dumplings mixture 1 tsp at a time into the soup. Cook 15 minutes more and serve.
156 Calories, 11g protein, 18g Carbohydrates, 4.5g fat, 16mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium